Monday, November 16, 2009

Colonel Mustard In The Library With The Candlestick


Hello! Guess I've licked my wounds long enough, swept up the confetti from the pity party, and decided I should really share today's (dog) events.


I rushed home with groceries today, with just enough time to put away the cold stuff, and in a hurry to get out the door to pick up M2 from tennis practice. Even made time to feed the sled team so they weren't pretending they were dying by the time we got home, because I really hate the drama and the guilt they are heaping on me if they think I'm 30 minutes late feeding them. Anyhoo, we get home and SOMEDOG has eaten three tomatoes and half a loaf of sourdough bread.


Lets review the suspects:

Abner- the small badass Scottie would not even THINK of doing this so he is always immediately off the hook

Bella- challenged and not usually the first one I point the finger at

Owen- the Basset that ALWAYS has a look of 'What?' on his face and tries his best to be his cutest when I am cleaning up after the dog party that has taken place in my absence.


So I do the 'shame on you' to the group, clean up whats left laying around and I'm done. An hour goes by and I hear a weird noise, and its Bella.

Beginning to puke. And she does, once, in the shape of a brain
(sorry-at least there are no pictures), then again, then the grand finale. In the shape of Florida. And its not like I TRY to name those shapes of puke, it was just so obvious right at that moment.
After I finish cleaning up Florida, I SWEAR Owen has the most indignant look on his face, like 'Really? Does someone owe me an apology?' and I'm thinking to myself 'dude, you probably told her to whip you up some Bruschetta and look where it got her.'
Seriously, I am like the poster child for Laminate flooring.
Soon, very soon.

LYmaybeIshouldconsiderconcretefloorsGuts,
Bj

5 comments:

Mo said...

Dogs=why we can't have nice things.

also, a BRAIN?? Gah. just-gah.

Sheila said...

It's not so much that you are the poster child for laminate flooring my dear. I have tile or brick floors in about half of my house - and Murphy will walk straight into one of the only two rooms that DO have carpet & puke there.

It's as if they are saying, "Hey, if I feel miserable, I will make you just as miserable. Misery loves company my friend. Oh, and you missed that spot behind the ficus tree..."

They are smarter than we give them credit for, the beasts.

Bj in Dallas said...

She-
The only thing I don't do is hold her hair back. She is very dramatic about the throw up scene.
And she is so sweet, she comes over and lays her head down on my lap like "I don't feel good Mama"

Mo- I should have said 'a helmet'.

Robin said...

I was sayin' to Roy just yesterday after cleaning up cat vomit, I'll never get new carpet. The carpet in my house has been in here in 1964!!!


OMG!!! It's as old as me!!!!


Do I look that tattered and puked on????

Le said...

hee hee I love the puke maps ... when the babes puke australia take me a pic :)best and biggest to you babe le xo