
Hiya Vixens.............
Imagine....... working your ass off to finish a project that came one layer up from your corporate office, meaning from the parent company, and labeled 'high visibility'. No pressure. .......ha...If I didn't have a phone up to my head, I had a mapquest search going on and pretty much worked in that speed for six days. Not what I call sensible planning to achieve a successful outcome, more like panic mode that this was coming from the top, ie Germany. Grab your lederhosens, and hang on, which was exactly what the entire sales team was doing.
So I turn in all documents, data, and fall into bed Thursday night. I was SO glad that initiative was over and looking forward to a 'normal' day in my office getting things caught up that I had put in the 'not now' pile.
BUT, the cosmic universe has other plans for me. I open my email and what to my wandering eyes do appear? An email from my boss (with no options given) to meet at an 'off site' location at 10:30 am.
M2 sweetly said 'maybe you're getting a raise!' but I knew about previous offsite location meetings for coworkers had not resulted in a raise....
Yup, by 11:17 am I was 'laid off'. Handed a nice little stack of papers, with all exit info, labeled 'would rehire' (gee thanks- maybe by Monday?)
and I had to say goodbye to the best boss I've ever had. Then the phone started ringing and I ended the last call about 10:30 last night. It wasn't just me, and it had nothing to do with my performance, so I was told. The sucky building industry recession has finally hit Texas, 2 years after it hit California where the corporate office is, and we've been holding the boat steady for that period of time. But we sprang a leak in January, and that is where I am.
SO, taking the weekend to absorb this change in my road, and just hang out with M2 and do some swimming, yard work, and cleaning out my office. Then on Monday, as my gay guy friend said last night, I need to shift into survival mode. I did get a miniature severance package, which is better than a handshake and 'we'll miss you' I suppose. We will be eating creative leftovers, thats for sure........
Send me good thoughts, good ideas, or just your witty comments as usual. My job preferences would be to make millions of bazillions writing this blog, or traveling with the circus as the person that bathes the elephants. I would love a job that doesn't involve constant stress when you are NOT supposed to be working....do those jobs even exist??
LYblowingoffthedustonmyresumcGuts,
Bj

16 comments:
Ouch! So sorry to hear this. It is frightful all over the place.
If it helps, my mom used to make me wear lederhosen when I was a child. That really sucked.
OMG, I am so sorry to hear this. I was laid off in December 2008 two weeks before christmas and then 6 weeks later my dad died. So I have been using this time off to regroup and get my proverbial shit together. Let me know if you need anything.
Love Love Love Muffy
That's a crock!!
sorry to hear this...but you're a strong OkieGal and will land on your feet!
I just know you will.
Hugs!
thanks you guys......so weird, but a change could 'do me good'
sorry about the lederhosen, SHS,
you would not make it wearing them in TExas and this heat...
I'm hooking up with a recruiter tomorrow and my company gave me funds to hang on a little while, so we aren't living in the SUV yet! I may be on a corner, though with a sign that says 'will work for Dog Food and Chardonnay'
That was nice of them to give you a severance and all, but to make you bust your ass and THEN give you the news? That stinks!
The first order of business may very well need to be a downgrade in the brand of wine that you drink... Boones Farm, anyone? ;)
oh poop ... oh well time to relocate to Aust ... I think we have cheaper wine - cleanskins - but cheap ....
well at least you won't end up supporting your ex now when the final shakedown happens ... and if bad turns to worse you can always move close to Kreg and be his sex slave for minimum wage ... he seems like a really nice, yet oddly centred youngish man :)
or maybe the time has come for mic to take on wife number two ... we had two wee mormon lassies to the door last weekend and he asked about the multi wife thing - he is such sh*t stirrer with religious types ...
I am raving - I have a head cold which seems totally trival next to your news .... biggest hugs le xoxox
Piss! Sorry to hear about that. Construction is in the sh!tter everywhere.
Le, if I could afford a sex slave, I certainly wouldn't be using my free time to write blog posts. And besides, what would said sex slave do with the other 23 hours and 58 of her day?
you forgot the extra 30 seconds, honey........
I have just returned from the Work Retreat from Hell and am all about quiting my awful, unrewarding job working for the Boss from Hell and I find out that you have been laid off. So I can't feel sorry for myself damnit because at least I have a job however awful it is (did I already say that part?) I will set about finding you a good job, BJ, even if it means making the ultimate sacrifice and giving you my job. You already know how crazy my boss is and you're such a 'people person' you can just think of it as being Louise Fletcher to his Jack Nicholson.
Btw, it has been so long since I posted I couldn't even remember my username and password. More about that soon..
xoRL
WELCOME BACK RACIE!! Patty and I wondered why you were MIA...
Le, I like MIC's idea.....woohoo,
he could have a 'secret' in Texas!!
Yes, I am back and full of renewed energy and 'viga'. Please stop by my blog when you have a mo.
xoRL
Try to stay off the pole darlin.
X
Lorrie
what can I possibly add ...my phone ... i am a counselor.... 801 694 6679 ... you're better than it all...defining it is tough!!
what can I possibly add ...my phone ... i am a counselor.... 801 694 6679 ... you're better than it all...defining it is tough!!
Damn, I'm really sorry.
I hope you find something STAT.
Post a Comment