Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mixin It Up

editors note: looking for a photo, I grabbed this one because you could pretty much mix and match this with that guy that is on trial claiming he is Clark Rockefeller.........right?

This random post is about a variety of things that mix...or not so much

kind of like the six degrees of Kevin Bacon but different...

Well, my GF Belinda got the summer drink started by bringing her recipe for Pimms Cups to a get together, then Sheilas darling husband kept it going at another event. Pimms is hard to describe, but you cut up a bunch of fruit (oranges, lemons, cherries, etc) and also a few cucumbers, and some mint, and put them in ice, stir, then add 1/3 Pimms and 2/3 GingerAle. Very smooth and sippable by the pool...try it....

Mothers Day Cocktail- some guy showed up at a party with this home made recipe, said he made it to survive his in laws coming for Mothers Day. Ice, vodka, sprite, creme de casis, and big lime squeeze. Shake. Kind of like a Pimms Cup but different. Very light for summer...try it...

Dog Fights- that falls under mixin it up, right? Had another mini squirmish but I got in the middle of it quickly and carried Owen down the hall by his collar. Both knew I was pissed and wouldn't put up with their dog crap....period. Not as traumatic as the first, thats for sure. Mini mix up in the living room.

Dirty Laundry- if one more basket of clean clothes gets mixed in with dirty clothes, I'm going postal...M2 is NOTORIOUS for mixing dirty with clean, and once you fold a load of dirty clothes, you will understand why this does not make me happy.....

Unusual mix of people at an upcoming party- whoa, I'm on the fence about attending this one when I heard the list....or maybe I should sip on a Pimms and sit in the corner and observe. Might make a great post over here.....

Whats your version of mixing it up today????

LYhasanyoneseenRacieLoverGuts,
Bj

7 comments:

sheila said...

OK, two things:

1. YES -- that Clark Rockefeller character TOTALLY looks like Buddy Holly (God rest his soul). I love Buddy Holly. I think it's because I went to college in Lubbock, and you just have to fall in love with him when you live there.

2. I say go to the gathering. In the infamous words of my good friend SB, you'll either have a great time or a great story.

Lorrie Veasey said...

I will be eating mixed nuts tonight. First i will pick out all the cashews, then the almonds and I will leave those big honking ones for last.

Lorrie Veasey said...

In high school, it was traditional to give your honey a MIXED cassette tape. Mine often contained the song Every Rose Has A Thorn. Explains my current addiction to Rock of Love.

Lorrie Veasey said...

I have MIXED feelings about onions on hamburgers. I love them when I first eat them, then I hate them the 19th time I burp them up.

Lorrie Veasey said...

Sir MIX ALOT should re-do "Baby's Got Back" as "Baby's Got Back Fat." It would help a lot of women my age with their self esteem.

Lorrie Veasey said...

My children can MIX burnt sienna or pale magenta using a variety of paints, but they still don't know how to tell time on a clock that isn't digital.

Lorrie Veasey said...

I asked SHOM what he liked to MIX and he said "you and me in a flesh sandwhich." I have to stop commenting now.