Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dear Spiegel Catalog,


I just hung up from your Customer Service Center, which honestly, if you could find some talking monkeys you could lower your overhead on payroll. AND THEN, just maybe, you could issue me a credit for some clothing I returned in June. I know, I know, it takes five weeks to receive the return into your warehouse. Funny, it took you five SECONDS to charge my credit card. I was told in July that it takes that long because so many people in your warehouse take vacations in July! That kind of left my mouth open, but hey, I dealt with that answer. So today, I was told they don't know why I was told that. I was also told there were no supervisors to speak with, so I suppose your entire Customer Service Call Center is being run by entry level mediocrity. She also wasn't too keen on telling me I was being charged $17.95 for the return postage. REALLY? Since your policy states I will be charged $6.95??????? Really?




Aren't you FRIGGIN SPIEGEL??


Haven't you been doing this since, like, dinosaurs roamed the earth? How is the HELL are you still in business if this is your method of operation??




I did the following:


-told the little girl on the phone not to take my rant personally


-also told her I was going to tell everyone I knew, including strangers pumping gas, how much Spiegel's policies SUCK


-emailed their 'contact us' link in ALL CAPS.




And just when I was going to pull the trigger on that Purple & Gold Kaftan with matching paisley leggings. And the big purple belt.




Damn you Spiegel.




LYI'llShowThemGuts,


Bj




7 comments:

sheila said...

I'm not sure purple is your color. It's a good thing you didn't succumb to the purchase.

Do you know who has AWESOME customer service?! Sundance Catalog & this other random one I just ordered from called Soft Surroundings. Sundance totally sent me a new handbag after 5 months when the stitching started to come undone. And SS, well listen to this: I ordered pants, got the confirmation email & didn't read it. Got the email that they shipped & then read it -- they got the wrong size. Instead of making me wait until they arrive to return & reorder, she just shipped out the correct size - NO CHARGE - and is trusting me to send the wrong ones back.

Can you BELIEVE they trust ME?! I know, crazy...

Miss Thystle said...

YOu know who else sucks at customer service? Sportsmans Guide. They charged me $20 for an item they didn't EVEN HAVE. Then, it took them a week and three phone calls to give me back my money. And they implied that I was being unreasonable.

Seriously.

Go shop from Lands End. I lurves them.

Ruby said...

I love how you say 'the little girl.' That's awesome, especially because you know she totally would have taken your rant personally and gone home and cried. You're a saint, Bj, that's what you are. :)

Maybe your ALL CAPS will instigate a response from someone higher up whose sole purpose is to make customers happy? But at least you felt good after sending it!

Bj in Dallas said...

Oh Sheila.. ilove saying that... you are right, purple Or GOLD isn't my color. I just found out about Soft Surroundings, I'm going to order from them when I get my $42 back from Spiegel Sucks.com
T- I LOVE lands End. I'm just not as earthy as they want me to be.
Ruby- I think I heard the little girls voice shaking so I said 'hey, don't take this personally..you are the messenger.
She probably clocked out at lunch and never came back.

Spiegel Sucks.

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

I am almost convinced that the younger generation has no work ethic anymore, but then they surprise me...sometimes. You can tell almost immediately when you are going to be helped. If they show no sense of cooperation or respect than you may as well hang up the phone or start looking for a floor manager on your own. Sad.

Racie Lover said...

Check, no more ordering from Spiegel's.

Guess who else has terrible customer service? OUR REALTOR. What a shock. Stay tuned and watch my blog as the results of the complaint we filed today against him with the Realtor's Association will be known soon and I have my blog all ready to go....

Le said...

ok i'll tell all 150 residents of whoop whoop - they'll be there with guns for ya babe :) le