I need to capture one when I have applied the Breathing Strips, because this thing snores like a freight train with a semi-lodged cork in his left nostril. The other night, sound asleep, he jumped up, started spinning around like an elephant was chasing him, looked at me, laid down, and closed his eyes. And was snoring in about 30 seconds.
My girls would just die. They would be all, "Ooh, can we have it dad? Can we?" And I would be all, "There's no way in hell." All though this one looks pretty laid back, I might just say yes. Because I even said, "Ooh!" when I saw it. And then I remind myself we have 12 animals in the house already.
I've been trying to figure out a way to keep my 'little' dog off of the couch and bed. She's completely well behaved as long as I'm home, but the evidence of her transgressions in my absence is hard to ignore. Like, I'm pretty sure I made the entire bed this morning, not all but that one corner where the comforter has been pawed back away from the pillow.
Anyway, if you have any foolproof methods for keeping dogs off of furniture, I'm all ears.
hello dearest one !! I'm back - been to hell's gate on Saturday - a real place on the map ... it's frekin hot - 33 degree celicus - will convert that for you one day - off to back read but tell me quick are you well :) le xox
Kreg, I cured my Golden Retriever Louise of jumping on the furniture by placing plastic "Better Mousetrap" mousetraps (available at any hardware store) on the sofas and chairs . They are harmless and it only took one "SNAP!" to scare the dickens out of her. Chester, the cat, on the other hand, was unfazed and I have a photo that Paco took of Chester sound asleep on the sofa, curled up with the trap. Oh well, at least the dog gets it.
Excuse me while I usher my sweet Sleeps-On-The-Floor-On-A-Towel-Maybe-If-We're-Feeling-Nice dog out of the room. If she sees this injustice I will have to sleep with one eye open.
14 comments:
Is that Owen? He looks so sweet and calm. Was that after administering the Propofol?
no, we are Propofol free...so far.
That is a Milk Bone Induced Dog Coma. Don't try it. Your dentist will be angry.
I need to capture one when I have applied the Breathing Strips, because this thing snores like a freight train with a semi-lodged cork in his left nostril. The other night, sound asleep, he jumped up, started spinning around like an elephant was chasing him, looked at me, laid down, and closed his eyes. And was snoring in about 30 seconds.
Is that like Dog Sleep Apnea??
I love bassets.
NH
I have ONE extra, do you want it?
just kidding, M2 would never speak to me again. And she's about to be a teenager. Hmmm,
do you want it?
My girls would just die. They would be all, "Ooh, can we have it dad? Can we?"
And I would be all, "There's no way in hell."
All though this one looks pretty laid back, I might just say yes. Because I even said, "Ooh!" when I saw it.
And then I remind myself we have 12 animals in the house already.
It's amazing how sweet they are when they sleep. Then they wake up & wreak havoc.
And we would not trade them for al the money in the world. Well, maybe for ALL the money in the world...
Cute!
I've been trying to figure out a way to keep my 'little' dog off of the couch and bed. She's completely well behaved as long as I'm home, but the evidence of her transgressions in my absence is hard to ignore. Like, I'm pretty sure I made the entire bed this morning, not all but that one corner where the comforter has been pawed back away from the pillow.
Anyway, if you have any foolproof methods for keeping dogs off of furniture, I'm all ears.
I want to nom on Owens ears.
PS. Benedryl. Safe for dogs and okay for you too!
Murphy is a Benadryl'd dog (is that even a word? oh well, it is now). Not dopey, but just enough to take the edge off.
I guess that makes me his dealer.
his pusher...
hello dearest one !! I'm back - been to hell's gate on Saturday - a real place on the map ... it's frekin hot - 33 degree celicus - will convert that for you one day - off to back read but tell me quick are you well :) le xox
Kreg, I cured my Golden Retriever Louise of jumping on the furniture by placing plastic "Better Mousetrap" mousetraps (available at any hardware store) on the sofas and chairs . They are harmless and it only took one "SNAP!" to scare the dickens out of her. Chester, the cat, on the other hand, was unfazed and I have a photo that Paco took of Chester sound asleep on the sofa, curled up with the trap. Oh well, at least the dog gets it.
Excuse me while I usher my sweet Sleeps-On-The-Floor-On-A-Towel-Maybe-If-We're-Feeling-Nice dog out of the room. If she sees this injustice I will have to sleep with one eye open.
Post a Comment