
Got an email today from a very trusted friend offering me some ongoing chick support. She stated 'lower your expectations' of some people I won't mention and it made total sense. Reminded me of a statement that my shrink says ' the only outcome of a situation that you can control is when you are the only one that you depend on for the results'. Day-um. Isn't that the truth! I have too much faith in people having other peoples feelings in their best interest. Even just turning fifty, I still believe that my true friends and family would obviously want our relationship to be the best it can be, and connect or communiciate with me like someone that has my 'back'.
Not so much.
So, with that verbosity as LV would say, I continue to learn life lessons about people and their behaviors; geniune, smug, caring, insensitive,
no thought to their actions, being the ones that should be in therapy.
Thats ok, cause when I have an AH HAH moment I gain more knowledge from that persons behavior and I don't even have to hand over a $35 copay.
Wucky me.
LYbenicetooneanotherGuts
Bj

6 comments:
See, I've always viewed lowering my expectations as a disservice to society. It's the first step to spiraling standards. If a person doesn't have to work as hard to to meet my expectations, a lazy mediocrity develops. You owe it to the world to have HIGH expectations. Or maybe be a nihilist.
a whut?
While lowering expectations is supposed to keep you from being disappointed (i get the logic), I think it's better to keep them high. Kreg is right - if you lower them, we spiral into mediocrity & then it all goes to shit.
We all know people who will never live up to what we think they could do/become, but I think the hope is that eventually they will surprise us -- and what a great day that will be!
I'm a silver lining kinda gal, though. Can you tell?!
Hmmm... Keep expectations high like I really think you should, or just let 'em go? I'm not sure, but I am reminded of the phrase 'Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me'... And that is my Deep Thought, by Ruby. :)
I just re read this post and i still think you got it spot on.
wise words young one ...
I then like to think the only responses you can control are you own - so I work on those ... or at the very least know the affect of my responses on others ... hugs always le xoxo
Post a Comment