We lost a good dog today named Gunner Hankins. It was his time to go chase tennis balls in heaven, but for 15 years he was a really great dog owned by my sister, brother-in-law and their two boys. Gunner came home after a hunting trip, much to my sisters dismay, and he chewed, pooped, and chewed some more all through his puppy years. But when he grew up, he was one of those dogs you wish you had. Always came when called, and he would go out each morning and get the newspaper for my brother in law Tim. One day, Tim stepped back in the house and when he came back, Gunner had gathered up the entire cul-de-sacs newspapers! He was a sweet guy, and everyone in my family will miss him dearly.
As you can see, there is a black lab 'habit' in this family, that is Gabby on the left, Gunners little sister, and Ruby on the right, their cousin. But Gunner ruled the roost.
Hope you find lots of tennis balls in heaven, Gunner.

LYSweetSweetGuts,
Bj

8 comments:
That bites.
My wifes cat is 22 or 23 years old and we wonder each year if he will make it through to the next. Oh our love for our friends.
Bless his sweet little, grey-bearded heart! I hope my girl Callie is showing him the ropes (and balls and chew toys) up there. Hugs to your family, I know how it hurts.
Thanks SHS and She.......
yeah, it sucks to lose our babies, and he was always so happy and even when his hips blew out, he 'kept on keepin on'
Gunner Rocked.
Oh, sweet Gunner. I'm sorry, he looks like such a great dog.
Have fun with those tennis balls, buddy.
how sad! I never want my boys to go away :( I'm perfectly content with them chasing tennis balls right here on planet earth.
oh honey there is nothing finer than a divine dog .. and gunner looks like the poster child for adorable pups :) our love to all the familiy who will miss him so much - le xoxo
Hugs to you and your lab. We are labby lovers too, and it's always so hard to lose a little furry friend.
DOGS DO NOT DIE. Not possible. I refuse to believe it.
Post a Comment