Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Stuffing things other than your bra....


Morning/Afternoon in some cases to all of you:
M2 is sleeping in late, ala no school, and when she is up we are off to the big famers market downtown to hunt and gather our prey of vegetables and whatever else those wacky farmers have down there today. Then we will be back and in the kitchen, where I will attempt to make my grandmothers dressing which I've never made, only know how it is supposed to taste, so I suppose that is one point in my favor.....
I have watched too many cooking shows this week and the variety of things that get stuffed into turkeys is mind boggling. My favorite, though, and I'm oddly fascinated by it, is someone I know is stuffing his turkey with White Castle hamburgers. No cheese, no pickles, his directions were 'cram as many up there as you can'. I had not heard the technique of 'cram' on the Food Network but if I did, it would be Guy Fieri with the white spiked hair. I heart him, BTW. He would say cram it up in there. And then take a sip of his cocktail. He needs to take that ring off of his hand though, it borders on Mr. T, fool.... oops, sorry, went off the story line....
ANYWAY, here's the deal. I'll think about you nut jobs tomorrow and be thankful you are out there. I wouldn't know some of you if you were sitting in my kitchen, but thats ok, you are welcome in my kitchen any time. We are expecting gorgeous weather for Tday, and family and friends and all that and life is good and kumbaya and pumpkin pie...
Have a great holiday, no matter what your stuffing is, and no matter where you are.
LYGiblet Guts,
Bj

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's just me, and I know I can be a trashy as the next person, but you DO NOT STUFF WHITE CASTLE BURGERS UP YOUR TURKEY'S BUTT!! That is just wrong on so, so, so many levels.

I am making a fabulous bread and cornbread dressing with sausage, fennel, mushrooms & pears. It is to die for. And really, all I need is dressing, gravy & a veg. Oh -- and wine!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Hug & Kiss your family!!

Miss Thystle said...

White castle hamburgers? Did he deep fry it afterwards and then make the mashed 'tatoes using fries? Because THAT would be kind of awesome.

Muchos Mas Smooches.

Ruby said...

I'm making dressing too, just like Grandmama used to make! No fancy schmancy dressing like Sheila, though... pretty much just cornbread, biscuits, celery and onion! And DAYUM, it's good!

Guy totally needs to lose the ring. I know what you're saying. My fave FN dude is Alton Brown. Love, love, love AB!

Happy TG to you too!