Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our Lady of Perpetual Verbosity


Disclaimer to the above photo; I am in no way, no how, trying to upset any of my fine Catholic readers, whom I'm sure number in the thousands by now, by using this pic. I found this piece on a site called Mexican Grocer, and it is actually the picture of a puzzle they sell. And you can also get Our Lady of PV on playing cards too, when a good game of Catholic strip poker breaks out.


I've been doing this blog thing for approx 5 months, finding new friends/chicks like me/etc and lately I've been told I'm verbose. Honestly, I had to look it up, and frankly, I was hoping the definition was witty, charming, and wise. Not so much. Basically it means I talk alot. In writing. So I've been thinking about a new style, a new approach, a new outlook on this newest description of me and I can't do it. As Megan (Smartini) says, this is the stuff thats in the freezer called my head. And its been in there a long time, some of it coded with a sharpie as to the contents and the cooked on date, and then there are mystery bags that just need to be thawed to find out what is in them. So I have decided to keep on serving this buffet of previously frozen items, and I apologize in advance for the run on sentences and lack of correct punctuation and randomness and my Texas accent that you say I have but I don't hear it and my occasional post when I've had Chardonnay and talking about dog fights and raising a child and my Oklahoma Sooners.


You must come over when I find the foil package in there somewhere that when thawed and microwaved will surely be about being chased by a buffalo, and the tupperware that has the story of me traveling to Louisianna with my cremated cat in the backseat.
You'll love them so much, you'll want the recipe.
LY Perpetual Guts,
Bj

9 comments:

Lorrie Veasey said...

I my usually PITHY way-let me just say...

I LOVE YA EXACTLY THE WAY YOU ARE

*mwha* big kiss

Bj in Dallas said...

what the hell does PITHY mean?

Krëg said...

Pithy, you know. Like sentitious. Only less terse and more aphoristic.

Much like my real-life freezer, the deep-freeze of my skull seems particularly vacuous lately.

I carried a sharpie around for a few years so I could write my opinions on the property of others (often absent strangers).

I don't know about punctuation, but CAPITALIZATION is extremely important. Consider what would happen if you failed to capitalize a proper name in the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse." Ah, good times.

Le said...

ok now I don't often give orders - especially to blonde texas chicks who own dogs .... but I gotta go with lorrie dear and say CHANGE NOTHING ....

now that's an order :) le xoxoxo

ps we can be thankful you do have something to say I think - verbose or otherwise ....

Bj in Dallas said...

ok, Kreg, you are cracking me up...who brought you to our party?
I mean, I know LV put you on her fav blog list but how do you get there?

Racie Lover said...

What happened to my graphic I sent you for your post? That was worth a lot of money in the graphic design world I'm just saying.

I thought verbose was a starchy vegetable...

Bj in Dallas said...

G
it was really really tiny, and I couldn't blow it up; it just was very distorted....kind of like people we run around with.

Bj in Dallas said...

G
it was really really tiny, and I couldn't blow it up; it just was very distorted....kind of like people we run around with.

Ruby said...

OMG, I'm really, really late, but I too love your verbosity (and Texas accent that I hear but you don't). Aren't the freezers of our heads some scary places?!