Monday, December 22, 2008

A Very British Christmas Afternoon...

M2 and I spent a lovely afternoon/evening with the Brits doing a traditional British thing at Christmas. There is a play that is always a spin on a nursery rhyme or story, but men are women and women are men and there is always a ghost and people boo and hiss and get into it.


Sheila (yes our S) orchastrated us all getting together, many weeks ago and sent a note out about did we want to go see the Panto...thats the name of it. I asked what is it, she explained, I said we'd love to, and promptly wrote the word Panko on my calendar. Like breadcrumbs.
My Texas/Blonde hair interpretation of a Panto, yall....

Then, after a wonderful show, the two men veer off to the grocery store and pick up things for dinner, and Sheila and her DH, Chris, fix a gourmet dinner in the Barnes kitchen, while Alan and I tasted all the Chardonnays and Belle set a gorgeous table, complete with 'crackers' that you pop open before dinner and get out your prizes. Each cracker has a paper crown, which of course I adore, so we all put on our crowns and told the jokes and riddles that were in them and feasted on an impromptu dinner. Even M2 and Baby Barnes were enjoying themselves with the 'big kids' as we all toasted a great day and great friends.
So a Royal curtsey to my Brits (plus S) that I couldn't live without, especially when there's entertainment and food involved. Well Done!!!
And there was no marmite anywhere....
LY Tally Ho the Fox Guts, (that one's for Belle)
Bj


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forevermore, the annual holiday outing will be known as the Panko. Our other friend, Achlee will bring the chicken. (that's for you, Bj)

BTW - you have Her Majesty's wave down. You could SO be a queen...

Le said...

sounds wonderful !! lucky you !

can't have too many crackers I say - we popped our first yesterday.

merriest of holiday times for you BJ and darling M2 .... and my best to you for a fabbo 2009 - hugging your guts le