Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What A Long Strange Year Its Been


Trying to come up with something deep and philosophical as a Bon Voyage message to 2008. Although I know the value of time, I am going to say so glad to get this one behind me... for multiple reasons.
As precious as time is, I am happier about the changes that occurred and I do feel like 2009 will be like opening the long awaited sequel to the cliff hanger called 2008.
New characters? I hope so. Twists and turns? Oh yeah. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll? Maybe, no and always.
So Buh Bye, 2008, you made me wiser, which is good, older which I resist, and excited to put you behind me.
No resolutions, BTW, just going to keep on keepin on.
LYChampagne Guts
Bj
ps. Happy Birthday to my friend Alex, aka Daddio Rivers, who is aging like fine wine. Cheers, A! Since we can't run away together, I'll see you AND the redhead in 09

5 comments:

daddio rivers said...

B.J.
Happy New Year, and thanks for rembering my birthday, I try to forget them actually.
I had a truely life enhancing experiance recently. I had to renew my drivers license before the end of the year, which was no biggie except for the fact that Mo. has a 6 year renewal. I will be 64 yrs. young at that time, that dropped to my knees. You do the math.
Now we have a new year to look forward to, hopefully with good changes and happier times.
The Redhead sends her love, come see us.
Love and peace,
Daddio

Lorrie Veasey said...

Happy New Year BJ! 2009 is going to rock!

Andria said...

Sounds like a smart and more feasible plan than fake resolutions you have no intentions of keeping! Cheers!

Le said...

2009 is YOUR year darling one - now go get it :) le xoxo

Racie Lover said...

The best thing I can say came out of 2008 was the election of His Majesty. The rest of it you can have back it was awful. Wanna buy a house? We have an extra one going for cheap. I will throw in a salad spinner and two tickets to Jerry Springer if you call right now.