Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Give Me a D, Vanna Veasey....

If you have seen Our Name is Blog this week, she is handing us all letters to list our 10 favorite things that start with that letter. I, actually, would have preferred the envelope with alot of cash in it. Or the trip to Costa Rica. But I got D. So here's mine, in no particular order.

1. Daughter- any day with M2 is a joy, although she has hit her 'eleventeens'and sighs and rolls her eyes sometimes. MOST of the time she is funny, sweet and my buddy...I just about decided that I'm gonna keep her.


2.Dogs- I must love them, or I am just the Crazy Dog Lady. I have three, and they are not SMALL. They run my life, they eat me out of house and home, they bark when I'm on the phone and they poop everytime I turn around (thankfully outside). Today, Bella knocked the thing off the french door that makes it french, so I shamed her and then found the super glue, which is holding Green Acres together along with some duct tape. She's the challenged one, remember, but actually the least pain in the ass, because when the other two are in the kitchen begging for food, she is watching TV. Last night she watched most of the news. I think if I had said her name, she would have said 'shhh, not now, I'm waiting for the weather to come on.'


3. Daffodils- weird I know, but when I was little I knew my birthday was getting close when I saw daffodils.
Did I just hear you say awwww? I thought so.


4. Dark Chocolate Cake with White Icing- yum. Bury me with a piece in my hand. No make it two. Hell, I'm dead, give me the whole damn cake.


5. Democratic Party- can't say enough that I know we have a better future to look forward to. Yo Bama...


6. Dolce & Gabana- when I'm wealthy, this will be my first indulgent buy...
from jewelry to underwear, with shoes and handbags in between.


7. Dancing- I have loved to dance since I discovered cowboys a long time ago, and those wranglers and boots scooting around the dance floor get me every time. Any guy that will dance even though they don't care if they are a good dancer or not gets big points with me....


8. Dreams-if you know me, you know I have weird dreams and remember most of them. Last night, it was the Ranch Hand getting married to the postoffice lady that drives a Jeep from the wrong side. And he was dressed in this disco type outfit, white unbuttoned shirt, black vest, flowy pants. Analyze that one, would ya? I haved also dreamed that the end of my fingers could flip open and I could shake dirt out. A long time ago I dreamed Abner, the Scottie could talk and sang New York, New York all the time. We weren't impressed, we were irritated.


9. Dry, Oaky, Chardonnays- J.Lohr, Coppola, La Crema, Acacia are some favorites. Make sure you wrap them well when you are shipping me some. And I serve them in wonderful GLASSES, girls, not paper cups...wonder if she writes your name on them?


10. Days- trying to enjoy each and every one of them by staying in the moment, and I always look forward to checking out my BBFF's blogs and what everyone is up to. As Natalie Merchant said, These are the Days that we'll remember.
Trying to be grateful and enjoy.


Honorable mentions: Derek from Greys Anatomy (can I get an amen),
HorDevours (tomatoes, mozzarella, & basil) Design with Wine (thats my HGTV show I'm going to produce one day, right now its usually just with the girlfriends.)
so now you know 10 more things about me that you didn't before. Riveting, isn't it?
LY Devious & Darling Guts,
Bj

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your list was DELIGHTFUL!!
(See what I did just there?!)

kristin said...

Delightful, delicious details!

I'll bring the wine - can I assume that your glasses are the nice, big ones?

I used to be engaged to a cowboy from Louisiana, and ooo-weee, could he dance. I did a mean Two step and Texas Swing. But...that was a looong time ago.

Bj in Dallas said...

two glasses and the bottle is gone. We call it a home pour...

Ruby said...

Divine!

I too love dancing, all sorts. Even the kind where I look like an ass (and shake my ass). Did I mention that that's how I caught MY cowboy? By shaking my ass? Sorry, I'm off on a tangent...

I love the list, but wonder why DALLAS wasn't one of your choices? Hmmm? :)

Miss Thystle said...

I would so watch "Design with Wine" mostly because I picture Carol Burnett as Miss Hannigan from "Annie" saying things like "put it over (hick) there!" and then motioning for someone to move a 7ft plastic Swamp Thing next to the velvet curtains.

Lorrie Veasey said...

DAMN good!
i heart everything on your list, and you too...and yes, the daffodils thing did get an awwwwwwwwww

Jane! said...

I'm kind of sad that Derek isn't right under Dogs.
But I especially like the way you got chocolate cake into a D list. That is admirable.

Debbie said...

Came over from Lorrie's. Excellent list. But is there a problem with paper cups?
She gave me the letter "P". I think she thinks I'll get myself in trouble with that one.