Monday, July 28, 2008

Contemplating sand.........

and living vicariously............
I saw a show last night on Fine Living, while I was folding clothes and looking around the room knowing I need new flooring, paint, furniture, pretty much the whole package. I love to see how the other half lives but 9 times out of 10, I feel woefully inadequate. Last week flipping through Vanity Fair, I realized the first 30 pages are tanned boy toys with tan abs, Dolce, St. John, Burberry, blah, blah, blah. And while I know the fashion people say "these are just guidelines for the fashion trends" I think they go to Happy Hour with the Fine Living folks, and at the top of their dry erase boards are the words "Have we made our viewers and readers feel woefully inadequate?" Then they toss back their heads, laugh an evil laugh, toast their iced tequillas and someone yells PRINT~!!!!

Actually the show I was watching on FLN was about resorts in Mexico and I thought about the 'Sexy Six' about to invade Cancun. I drifted off to my favorite bar in Cozumel called Coconuts that sits on a cliff on the east side of the island (you MUST reply if you have been there). You rent a POS jeep and drive over there (those mopeds are only if you have a death wish to die in a foreign country by being hit by a POS jeep), climb the flagstone to get to the top of the cliff, and look out at the most beautiful view of the most beautiful blue water and then someone brings you a beautiful margarita and you are entranced to stay a while. At least I can go there mentally when I need to. I think I'll sprinkle some sand under my desk today and close my eyes.........

One side note; you have to climb DOWN to leave, and after an afternoon of sun and margaritas, you MIGHT stumble a little bit getting down, (I didn't) but someone COULD and then fall against a death wish moped someone has just parked and burn your leg on the exhaust pipe- didn't happen to me but I'm just saying it could, Cynthia
adios, chicas.................

No comments: