
This is about Morgan and watching her grow up and be as cool as you can be at eleven. She demanded that we cut her long thick gorgeous hair, hair that any of us would drop to our knees and thank Shakka that we had it because 'it gets on my neck'. Ok, ok, its your head, so off we go. She told the girl what she wanted, and actually came away with a shoulder length bob, with layers, and is really cute. Back away from your child, Mom, she wants to grow up. We get home and she invites a friend over to swim, and she meets her at the gate with her new hair, new swimsuit, and large white sunglasses. (if you've ever seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, those white sunglasses were all stolen from the Oompah-Loompas). Then they swim and chat and float and do what kids do in the pool. I was in and out of the back yard, watering, scooping up presents from the sled team, just hanging around and semi listening to them, and finally sat down with a glass of wine. (shocking).
Bailey, the neighbor: you sure have alot of birds in your back yard
Morgan: yeah, they're noisy and they poop. We call the black ones Walmart Birds and we hate them.
Bailey: I think those two over there are called Doves.
Morgan; yeah, they are, and I'm afraid of them because they 'fight' all the time.
Bailey: why do they fight?
Morgan: I don't know, but just watch them, they'll start in a minute
Sure enough, seconds later, two doves landed on our fence, and started DOING IT. They fluttered around and DID IT SOME MORE!!! And then ONE MORE TIME. Then they lit a cigarette and flew away...........
Morgan: Told ya
Bailey: thats scary.
(note to M2 from Mom- I love eleven and you can shave your head if you keep this innocence for a little while longer, and I won't even call you a Oompah-Loompa anymore when you pop on those white shades.)

No comments:
Post a Comment