
Zoo uses Vicks VapoRub to stop Meerkats fighting
Zoo keepers have come up with a ingenious way to stop meerkats from fighting - hide their scent with Vicks VapoRub.
Experts at Paultons Park near Romsey in Hampshire were concerned that their two existing meerkats would fight with three new arrivals when they were introduced to the family attraction.
So they came up with the plan to use the decongestant - known to millions of humans who want to ease their cold symptoms.
I think it is a good / bad curse to be sensitive to smells.
I can recall things from 30 years ago, so can Sister B, when we smell something and I mean, like Aunt Rosie's front bedroom or so and so's car that use to take us to school. Now that is just weird sometimes, and then the curse of it is the phrase 'do you smell that?' and someone goes 'no' and I say 'you're kidding' and then I have to be a mouth breather until it passes. Taught M2 that trick recently when we visited a 'ladies' room at a funky old Dallas restaurant and I should have walked out and called the health department. But we were laughing too hard to be really good at the mouth breathing and just had to flee the scene of the crime...and never return to that place in this lifetime.
Earlier, I admitted that I am hooked on Vicks Vaporub. It is a family joke almost, that if I'm at your house, there will be a little blue bottle on the nightstand. I use to rub M2 down in it when she was little and would be sick, and claim she was CURED the next morning by the power of Vicks, can I get an amen... Super D went to Mexico one time and found it in a little tin with a Spanish label and mailed it to me. Then I got a note from her later that said, be careful, the Vicks from Mexico also had Spanish Fly in it...
Now do you wonder where the hell I get this from????
I inherited the 'she ain't right' genes....
I am also hooked on Quelque Fleur perfume, so if that is a prize in anyones giveaway, let me know. Its 'pensive' but I would drink it if I thought it would smell any better. When I run out, I'm like a junkie looking for the cosmetic counter at Nordstroms. And if I'm in a coma and you come visit me in the hospital, put some QF in the IV and I'll probably rise up and start speaking French while applying lipgloss.
Come to think of it, I think I'll keep some QF handy in case I meet someone worthy of a spray behind the ears, and some Vicks in case I meet up with some bad ass Meerkats.
LYG
Bj

9 comments:
When you meet someone worthy BJ - WHEN !! not if or in case - but WHEN - can't keep a good chick down :) le
Did you know that meerkats are my favorites at the zoo? But I can't watch Meerkat Manor because of the whole 'circle of life' thing. (I know it exists, but that doesn't mean I have to watch it).
I think I love them because of Prairie Dog Town in Lubbock, TX (go Tech!!) I could spend hours at the place built to pay homage to the little critters. I wonder if it's still there?
I've never been a fan of the Vicks, by the way. But I get the addiction. It's like carmex.
I love Vicks! Its the best part about getting sick.
I thought the 'she ain't right' might have come from using to much Vicks all her life. Love ya, Sister B
My cousin Rob once ate some Vick's because he loved the way it smelled.
Btw, did you know that if you put Crisco on a cat's paws it will never stray from home? You didn't know that? Really? I thought everyone did. It's true.
why on earth does Crisco keep a cat from running away? is it because they stick to the yard? are you sure that's not an urban myth?
Driving to the wedding last weekend Trish told me about a friend who had a kitten that kept running away. The yardman told them to put Crisco on it's feet and it would never run away again. They did, it worked and they named the kitten Crisco. Go figure.
very nice tip to know, although chances are I'll never have another cat...after 18 years of a catbox, I've done my thing...
Sheila, Meerkats, really,.,,,, who knew
and I know a cat named Jack Daniels..think they rubbed him with that to keep him out of the bars?
Post a Comment