Thursday, October 2, 2008

Deja Vous All Over Again......


I had to write today about the rituals of celebrating the annual recurrences of an event that took place previously sometime in our life.
Whew. That was a mouthful. But today is one of those for me, and its funny when you think about it, because these annual recurrences can go either way, in a good, happy thing we want to remember and celebrate for the rest of our lives, or a not so good thing we remember and wish we didn't have to for whatever reason, and then the ones that leave us with a quiet sense that no one else may know, and we just would like tomorrow to come quickly, thank you. I believe I'm dealing with the latter today, and although I can't fast forward to tomorrow, I was really trying to ignore it and it just become another day. BUT, some anniversaries of things lead to others, and that is what this one did for me, 11 1/2 years ago. M2 is in my life because of an event 15 years ago today, and that is how I'm going to celebrate today, that there is a reason for almost everything and I will celebrate exactly where I am because this is where I want to be, was meant to be, with exactly the people I have around me.
LYG-
Bj
ps hope you can open a good song from brother Van...

5 comments:

Lorrie Veasey said...

yes.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing to look back and see how one little (or big) moment in time changes everything for us. And yet it is so easy to take all of these little moments for granted?

I'm glad you are celebrating - makes me happy.

Thank you for your comments about my friend Drew. It is true that us ABC people are attracted to the XYZ people...Thanks for that.

Racie Lover said...

I like how you have that way of turning lemons into lemonade. One thing begat another so it's all good!

Le said...

Hello there BJ

I love this post ... Today is my wedding anniversary of my first marriage .... for maybe three years after the big D the day / date bought me down - now it only lifts me up .... I am in control of it - not the otherway round.

Without that ten year relationship where would I be now some 17 years later ... MIC less for sure :) and without the babes ...and most likey without you and the other red white and blue girlies ...

Ah life is sweet - and if not sweet enough consume choc and red wine - hugs le xoxoxoxox

david kramer said...

Hey- I like your blog...
How come I am always remember things that I wish I could forget. They take up too much room, if you know what I mean. You do a good job of organizing your memories, it seems to me.
DKramer
toothlessalcoholic.blogspot.com/