
I'll try not to get all serious and too deep with these following thoughts, but events in the last few days made me compare things in my life to the act of rolling the cans to the curb this morning. I had a conversation with the Ranch Hand and it ended with me being pissed off, and girls, I don't know about you, but I can clean a castle when I'm mad. Sister B asks me 'what are you avoiding' when I tell her I'm cleaning baseboards with a toothbrush, but this time it was more like 'take that' and 'that' and 'that'as I filled the trashcan with shit from what used to be our garage. Oh yes, I am reclaiming that space, slowly but surely, and you can bet your toolboxes it will look like a friggin HGTV episode when I'm done.
You know what? The sofas are next, so I can get the mental picture of him sitting on them out of my head, and we may go oriental and put pillows around the coffee table and eat with chopsticks. I'll call it the Yoko phase.
Hopefully, when I look back at these posts maybe this time next year, I will see the slow improvements, mentally and materially in my life and be in the place that I can only see right now in my head. But if I'm walking around with a silk kimono drinking Saki, slap me. The Yoko phase isn't supposed to be permanent. Looking for the me phase...
and just a quick Mom moment to add- I was worried that M2's grades might suffer because of these monumental changes in her life, and she just got straight A's with three honors classes..... Mini Yoko is going to be just fine.
Ahh So,
Bj
forgot to give you some tunes to go with, I am diggin Leona Lewis

16 comments:
That's the quickest way to gauge my overall well being - how clean the house is; the cleaner it is the worse off I am.
Which you can also gauge by the amount of wine bottles in the recycle....
But at least the cleaning is productive.
Cleaning is way more productive than sitting on the deck until 2 am drinking wine and smoking a box of cigarettes. Or sitting by the fireplace in the dead of winter also drinking wine and smoking cigarettes. Cleaning is also better for your mental and physical health (unless you are dealing with asbestos in your attic of course).
Trust me on this one. I am speaking from experience...
I think I should have him come over about once a month and get something started, and all my projects around the house will be finished in about six months!!!
haven't painted the bathroom orange yet, but thats next....
drank a few shiners in that garage though, and would throw things away and say 'buh-bye'
it was theraputic!!!
My suggestion is send M2 on a nice visit to Super D's for a few days and have the Ranch Hand come over and the two of you divvy up your stuff. Then there are no remaining reasons for his visiting your ranch except to pick up M2, which can be done curbside.
Garages can be cleaned out, paperwork can be started and life can move onward and upward. Time to turn the page here. There is a Paco waiting out there for you, if you want it.
Oooh, you're so funny when you're mad! :)
Oh ma darlin--
The year following my divorce was the single MOST PRODUCTIVE year of my life. I built my entire career on that year, and became the person i am today mostly because of it. I was totally focused, and never so celebate, and when i look back on it it seems like the most pristine, glorious time in my life: I wish the same for you.
Dream big. Set a goal higher than clean grout. I. for one, think you can do it.
Hello dear one ... this too shall pass ... I am thinking oriental lounge bar with one of those funky black resin chandeliers hanging in the middle ...
Maybe it is time I took you to get a tat ... tatooing is a deep and meaningless thing that just makes me feel like I can fly ... I only have two but would be sooo willing to go the third for you - just name the day and it's a date ...
As for M2 - she is her mother's child and resilient - you are right to worry but also right to think she will make it thru and out the other side.
As a young woman to be she will learn that standing up for oneself is not always easy BUT is always easier in the long term than 'settling' for less than one deserves ...
biggest of big hugs le
Thanks ladies, I love your support and thoughts...
It was really a great day to clean that garage, for many reasons, one, it was out of control, and for the other obvious.
We are fine fine fine, like a fine fine wine, and all goals ahead are definitely obtainable and will put M2 and I in a great place.....
thanks- big hugs....
And we have that big wedding to look forward to this weekend, BJ. Don't forget to come up to my room before it starts and give me your opinion on my hat. You and Sheila can have a glass of wine while Paco disappears downstairs to do manly things at the bar. Maybe we will find you a man down there, too!
Le's right. This too shall pass. I got through it and so will you. Chick Power!!!
oh, can't wait to see the hat..
I would wear one if I looked like Kate Middleton...
yes, wine and fashion dos and don't in your room sound fab- hope we are all close together in case there is any risk of someone celebrating one too many- glad its a close group!
maybe Sunday Paco can ride back with Paul and you and Patty can ride home with me-
EVERY DAY involves wine! OR should.
Reading Lorrie's comments about her productivity spike in the year following her divorce I think is very encouraging to anyone facing the propect of the Big D. Turning a loss into a gain is the best way to handle it me thinks.
As I often say, and no doubt my friends are sick of this line by now, if I hadn't finally pulled the plug on my long, difficult and troubled first marriage, I would never have met wonderful, sweet, movie star-handsome Paco and now be living happily ever after in true wedded bliss. Life is full of ups and downs, losses and gains, ugliness and shear beauty. It was a long road until the day Paco and I got married 18 months ago, with lots of twists and turns in between. But I wouldn't change a thing and believe more than ever in the power of prayer. And wonderful friends. And a nice, crisp chardonnay.
There were two day old piglets at our fair and five day old baby goats, too. OMG, the CUTENESS. I tried to stick one in my purse, but the fair guy wasn't having any of it.
did you wash your hands?
Bj-
Keep on cleaning. Just try to stop when you get down to the paint.
Sounds like you are doing fine.
Hang in there.
DK
Here in the frigid north, fair season is OVER. We all had ours in the summer and around Labor Day.
Racie - I'm with ya on the crisp Chardonnay.
and the power of prayer.
and friends, too.
But definitely the Chardonnay.
Post a Comment