Monday, August 11, 2008

And she was lying in the grass...


name that tune. one of my favorites.........



Since we are going to toss around the Men,Shopping,Cool Dining info on the blog from time to time, I called my friend today and asked her how her weekend was. She had alot of good information, which if you are single and reading this, I would really pay attention to this one. Ready?
1. Don't go out with a pilot.
That pretty much sums it up. Terrific. Yet another rat out there in the big woodpile of life. Which is the reason for the title today, because my friend Cynthia's dad use to tell me 'she's a snake in the grass'. I love that, Snakes eat Rats! (sorry to the men that might be reading this, but I welcome your comments too) I said earlier if, after many months pass, I may just decide to move to a mountain, live in an old school bus, and rename M2 'Blueberry' and my name will be Dances With None. And we will wear patchwork clothing and not shave our legs. That makes me cringe, but I'm just sayin....

Shopping Info:
Shoe Pavillion is going OUT OF BIZ so go grab some new zappatos for just being a wonderful person . 70% off sounds good..And not that any of you head north on I-35 through Oklahoma very often, but if you DO, let me know and take a pitstop in Ardmore. One of the coolest stores is there, very Dallas, called the Clover Leaf. YOU MUST STOP or you will be sorry............
Cool Dining- how many of you have tried Tillmans Roadhouse? SO wonderful,
the Salmon makes my knees weak. GREAT interior (I think its by Todd Oldham) and if I can talk Miss Smith into it for our hostess gig, you girls will be going further south than you have in a LONG time. Its on Bishop in Oak Cliff but so worth it. Prickly Pear Margaritas, and they put popcorn on your table that has white truffle oil on it and I will reach right in front of you to get yours.
Gloves are off on the popcorn.
Taking Owen to Petco to get the talons trimmed; the Peticure people said I never ordered one, so I reordered one today, but he (Owen) wrote me the following note;
screw the petakure klippur. eethur tak mi tu Petco or painte the dam thengs.
I think they get in the way when he makes out with Bella........
Leave a note that you were here, and throw out some shopping dining, and oh, if you have some random printworthy male info, put it in too. I'm not talking about Alans bday photos, but I should get a copy of those for my blog (or my wallet)kidding, Belle
LYG-
Bj


4 comments:

Lorrie Veasey said...

Ok-it's so driving me KERAZY that I can't get that song......is it Talking Heads.Days Go By?

I think that you should write a travel guide. You could be the next Zagats of Dallas.

Bj in Dallas said...

SO CLOSE! You get a Rice A Roni coupon
Talking Heads, "And She Was"- sounds kind of morbid, but I want it played at the fabulous party that my girls will throw when I pass on to the next party.....

How about ZigZag's instead? More like me..

daddio rivers said...

B.J.
I just slithered out of the wood pile to comment on the school bus and your "threat" to come after me. I have an old school bus at my job site that I could get dirt cheap. It's markings are "The New Testament Bible Church of the Holy Ghost".
We have Indian names here in Mo., my half breed nephew has given me my Indian name " Walks with Thunder in his Pants".
I assume this is a Lady influenced blog so I will continue to add testoserone enhanced info any chance I get.
The bus is in running condition and can fire it up at a moments notice,
all we need is some psycho spray paint, a 55 gallon barrel of "Kool-Aid", bring Wavy Gravy out of retirement and head for Nevada.
Thank you Ken Kesey.
I won't shave my legs either.
"Further on" Let the love light shine.
I'm sure you Dallas socialites will cringe at this but they just need to meet the Man called Daddio!!!
Love you,
A

Bj in Dallas said...

OH MY!!
He's Back....in my life. Alex you rock, and you are officially the testosterone we needed for this!
Also, when we get to Nevada in the bus, and find our permanent canyon to live in, the motor comes out because that is extra storage space. We'll get a moped to run into town on.
BTW Ladies, Alex has a gorgeous wife named Lindy who is also my very good friend. Used to hang with them many moons ago.....
so glad you've joined us....