Wednesday, August 6, 2008

they say its your birthday..........


I thought I should write about a very cool person, Super D, who is my mom. She deserves a page from me, so here it is.On Labor Day Weekend, she will turn 85. I'll probably get in trouble for publishing that, but I am because she looks, acts and feels so much younger. Hope I get those genes ..........

Anyway, with everything that is going on around here, I thought I would tell my friends that any strength and positive-ness that I have has always come and still comes from her. She raised me and two sisters from ages 9, 13 & 15 pretty much by herself and looking back, I don't know how she did it without us feeling many ripples. After my dad died, she kept it together, things around the house pretty much stayed the same, and she always looked at everything with a 'we can do anything' attitude. Her favorite saying when something wasn't going well was 'pull your bootstraps up' and get on with it. We did, and my sisters and I still do, and we are all closer than so many families because of her. I will admit, out of the three, I gave her most of her gray hair and heartaches. But she still calls me.........

Labor Day Weekend, she and her girlfriend are flying into Dallas to meet my sisters (including Trish) and I and have a girls weekend at a beautiful hotel, with spa time booked, dinners out, and pool time and shopping. Every year I get to celebrate her birthday is a gift to me that I do not take for granted and never will. Happy Birthday Super D~ I couldn't have picked a better Mom or love anyone more than you.
LYG,
Bj, your favorite

6 comments:

Lorrie Veasey said...

I am loving the fact that you are USING PICTURES. Ahhh Grasshopper, how soon you outshine the master......

Your mom sounds great. I hope you all pitch in for a stripper. i have heard the ones that dress like UPS men are quite popular with the older set....I'm just sayin

Anonymous said...

L
My Mom is the type to love the IDEA of a stripper showing up but he needs to stop before he takes off the 'brown uniform' but my SISTERS and I would love it!!!

Yeah, I drank the koolaid on the pics- and then I couldn't stop
Don't give me any shoplifting tips, I'm low on jewelry!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with this post about our Mom. She is the greatest and yes you will catch hell when she sees you have posted her age.

Sister B - the most favorite.

Anonymous said...

Nice Sister B
She tells me that she says that to you and Sister A, but then whispers that I am the favorite and slips me cash........lots of cash.
sorry

Anonymous said...

I bought her books, sent her to school and taught her all I know, and turns out to be a blogger.
Who says I'm 85, remember some of us have it and some not. Mom D/aka Queen of Everything!

Bj in Dallas said...

Super D made it to my comments and we are so PROUD! Now if Sister A would join us, it would be a trifecta-