
Sorry you missed it, and there were no photos but I had on a formal dress and crown this morning while sipping a mimosa and waiting for M2's bus. Yes, Mother of the Year is now Mother of the SCHOOL Year, and when I came back inside after waiving goodbye and slipping the driver a $20, I looked in the mirror and several deep wrinkles had vanished from my forehead. Talk about earning this day, I'm so there. One of the many good things about today is that M2 is so organized, I didn't have to check her backpack, her notebook, anything, I just know if she needs it, its in there. Even though she had not been real excited about wearing a uniform, she added the touch of pink converse tennis shoes which is so her. And a little silver bling. First day to ever have a locker, too, so if you all can dust off that memory, you know how exciting that is!! Guess that is why she was up at 5 am and had to wake me up about three times!
While we were sitting outside (20 minutes early) waiting for the bus, she said:
Are you going to sit out here with me tomorrow?
Absolutely!
Wednesday?
Of course!
Thursday?
Not so much...
Friday?
Sleeping in.....
So she punched me in the arm and the bus pulled up and she saw a friend that she knew and smiled and off she went. And I came inside the house and yelled woo hoo so loud the dogs started barking...........
Today is a good day
LYG- be a fountain, not a drain
Bj

9 comments:
I love this and it reminds me of my first day of school, only my parents were out of town so my grandmother took me to school. I still have the photo somewhere.
Do you suppose they weren't really "out of town" but had accidentally starting drinking mimosas a little too early that morning and Grandmother had to confiscate the car keys? Hmmmm.
I think Mon-Wed waiting with M2 for the school bus is more than ample bonding time, BJ. You don't want it seriously impacting your drinking time, do you? Mimosas have to be consumed well before lunchtime to give you enough time to sleep it off before that first bottle of cold Chard is cracked open.
I'm with Racie on the timing of the mimosas.. and would also say that if you switch it up with Bloodies now and then, and use v8 juice that they actually count as a WHOLE SERVING OF VEGGIES.
Thank goodness that preschool goes all year long! Woohoo!
Um, BJ, I have something to tell you... After getting caught up with all of the comments, I have to confess something that may make you dislike me just a touch. Or a lot.
That town in Kansas where I live? That would be the home of my alma mater, K-State. See? I see you rolling your eyes and being all 'Oh geez, of course' and then quickly composing a nasty reply comment. I SEE YOU.
Will it help if I tell you that my heart lies in the SEC with my beloved Georgia Bulldogs? I don't really hate all you Okies like I'm supposed to!
Oh Yeah! I got a smack talker from K-State who loves the Bulldogs? This is gonna be good..
Hope either one has a team this year, I'm just sayin...
L & Racie- Should I be nervous that the bus driver saw my mimosa and raised his 'coffee cup'? Or should I just offer him a refill to calm his nerves from the kids. hmmm..thats a tough one.
M2 text'd me on the way home on the bus and said 'don't be a dork and be waiting outside'. I should have had a banner ready that said OH THANK GOD YOU MADE IT HOME!!! I MISSED YOU!!!!
I'm changing her title from
Pre-Teen to Pre-QUEEN!
BJ, I DID NOT say anything ugly about you being a backwards ass Okie or how much OU stinks, did I?
Go check the rankings, my friend, and you will see the Bulldogs AT THE TOP!! Actually, they might have to suspend every one of their players and have no one left to play, but I digress... :)
are the Bulldogs all out of prison? just in time for the first game, as usual....
Football is a good sport for those Georgia boys since they are already missing their teeth, they save money on mouth guards....
I'm going to kill multiple birds here by combining comments to several different stories...
1) I am an OU fan by default since that is Paco's alma mata. Personally I will be watching golf so I don't really care who scores the most home runs I'm just saying.
2) My mother used to come pick me up at school sometimes on her English Sit-Up-and-Beg bike when our two-toned '57 Ford station wagon with the fins was in the shop. We didn't have fancy text messaging thingies back then. But if I could have sent her a telegram it would have said "STOP! stop PLEASE DON'T PICK ME UP ON THAT GOOFY BIKE stop PLAYMATES ALL HERE stop MY LIFE WILL BE RUINED stop stop stop!"
3) That bus driver worries me.
my warm and fuzzy school memory is that I was still preschool age and mom went to pick up my sisters wearing her robe and I got out to play on the slide while we were waiting and I got my head stuck between the steps on the slide and started screaming for mom to come get me and she screamed back 'wait for your sisters to walk by'
thanks Super D, that is why I now can't go down a slide and that has caused much harm in my adult life.
Send me a Zantac to get over it, would ya?
glad to hear about the red wine bj,still promise to make it orange for your trouble
xx
Post a Comment