Friday, August 8, 2008

Hey Where Did We Go?


Days when the rains came......... not.
This blog will be slightly rambling because I don't feel a cohesiveness about the gems I'll share with you, but then again, sometimes they just come together at the end.
Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon..............

17 count em, 17 days until school starts!!! Mom of the Year is just about out of ideas for M2 to keep busy. Swimming is so overrated at this point, because she has been every day, and like I said earlier, the pool is lukewarm. I even thought about having some ice delivered, but I don't know the phone number for the man with the horse and wagon that does that. He may not have a cell........

Has anyone been to the Bengal Coast restaurant on Oaklawn? (http://www.bengalcoast.com/) Post a comment and review for me, checking it out for a chick dinner- have a "slight" connection to the owner, so we may get FREE mints when we leave. Pays to know me, huh?
Those people in Beijing eat some weird stuff- (watching the Olympic rewind)
If that Peticure thing doesn't show up soon, Owen is going to be mistaken for a Komodo Dragon..........
My friend Robin wants to add a section to the blog and we're going to call it"Men, Shopping, and Cool Dining"- and review all three in very inovative ways(shes single and in the dating loop) I shop and eat, so we've got all three covered. I want some input on this one, ladies, and btw, did Kitchen 1924 go out of business? AND, Central Market has a Chardonnay called Double Dog Dare Ya and it is CHEAP and really good! We love cheap and good!

One week has passed since the changes around here, and although not seamless, pretty good overall. We had some tears last night but I think it was tired kid; we are school clothes shopping tomorrow, after she goes bowling today and spends the night with her dad. May write myself my own kitchen pass tonight, and then again I might just sleep. Both sound equally intriguing.
I also became Julio the lawn boy today and I so love instant gratification, especially when I can get all of the power equipment to start. (I am woman, watch me mow) The yard looks great, just beige in spots from the heat. I put some new music on my ipod to listen to while I was in the yard, and here's a good old song to download: 29 Palms by Robert Plant. MAN that is a good song, I played it about 4 times and it makes me want to DANCE on a beach somewhere!!! You all should have it on your playlist.
Going to the pool to float- the only thing that I can think of to pull this all together is that Julio, the lawn boy is going to be the color of Bacon very soon so there you have it.
LYG
Bj
ps. send me a note if you are into College Football- I have a cool link for schedules for all the conferences/games








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, kitchen 1924 closed a few weeks ago. i thought i sent you the article but i guess i forgot. please forgive me?
BTW - i like the idea of the food & shopping reviews. i have a feeling my husband might be unhappy if i participated in the dating portion of that addition. he's picky about things like that.

Bj in Dallas said...

probably has become closed minded after years of ingesting marmite...

Chris said...

I resemble that comment!!!!