Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Word of the Day.....


I just heard the term Cankles, and thankfully had to google it to find out what it was. Such valuable information just lurking out there! While looking, I also saw Thankles, which I thought was maybe some kind of thank you note that you wrote your doctor when the swelling went down. Sadly, it is equally bad and refers to some type of thigh-ankle continuation. Who knew this terminology? I'm glad there were no photos.... so I inserted this yummy baby foot to remind us we ALL HAD CANKLES at one point in our life.
Is this problem an old age thing? ( pregnancy doesn't count) I have an Aunt that sister A and sister B and I have always made the raised eyebrow face when we saw hers; she may have earned hers, though, through some Karma the universe owed her. Thats not another blog story, thats a years worth of therapy transcripts. I always thought everyone at church would be fine it she chose a pantsuit that day.
But back to the cankles. Why do these conditions have to have such gross names? I think that if I were in charge of the universe, I would assign the people that name lipstick and nail polish the job of also assigning these names. How about Happy Hula toes, instead of Hammer toes, or Coral Candy Cankles. What about Luscious Lilac Leprosy? Make Mine Mauve Milaria? It just sounds ALOT better if you ask me, and people would be less 'eeewww' about this stuff.

As Lorrie would say, I'm just sayin............
and trying to save the world one Coral Candy Cankle at a time.
LYG-Bj

5 comments:

Racie Lover said...

Don't get Lovey started on Cankles. He will go Postal on you.

Lorrie Veasey said...

I guess then after a day in heels, you get a cankle sore.

Bj in Dallas said...

a candy coral cankle sore

that is just all too wrong....
I'm extremely glad I had to look up the term, and then I go to my gym tonight and the girl teaching the class had 'pre-cankles' and I had to look away.

Ruby said...

Oh geez, cankles. I am very lucky to be without them normally, but holy shit when I was pregnant last I had them at the end and almost died. They went with my sausage toes, what with all of the swelling. YUCK.

Bj in Dallas said...

Megan
Pregnant women should not fall into that category, but I was just caught off guard by that word and didn't know what it was!
And then Thankles? oh my...