Monday, August 4, 2008

Weird [weerd], noun; adjective, ie weirder


Stay with me for a minute, and read this-
Definition: Weird refers to that which is suggestive of the fateful intervention of supernatural influences in human affairs:

I, personally, did not know that what I have been suffering from is caused by anything supernatural, but I CAN tell you the last 24 hours have been 'weird'. This blog is a little bit too close to being personal, but I'm pretty sure the only people reading are my friends that really know me. My marital status has changed as of this weekend, and I have been running around in circles with a big net and catchers mitt to soften this for M2. (attachedatthehiponlychild). Well, compounding the first 'weird' night in the house, our power went out at 7:30 and did not get repaired until 1:30 am. So, we swam, the powerless neighbors came over and swam (everyone suddenly got HOT although it wasn't as bad as it could have been) and then we waited for the big trucks to come and fix it. During this time, as we were getting sleepy but M2 was refusing to go to sleep until the AC was on, she started crying about all of the drama we are swallowing and I couldn't take it anymore, and I started boo-hooing, I mean, the ugly cry as Oprah calls it. So we got ahold of ourselves, and took some iced tea out to the patio and sat (we said thank you to God for a breeze out of nowhere). So we were talking and she said "Mom, I don't mean to say anything mean to you right now, because I know you are sad, but when you cry that hard, you sound like a dying dog"- .............. Of course I started laughing so hard and then she imitated me and we both were laughing so hard that I said (thank you God) again...........
Then the big trucks pulled up and me and the powerless neighbor mom and her two kids and M2 and I sat on the driveway like white trash entertainment on a Saturday night, except it was Sunday, and watched them install the new green thing that does something to give us power.
1:30 in bed, with all three dogs and sleepy us.
Today is a good day, lots of talking and I have the most wonderful child and we will be brave together and hold each others' hand alot and get through this. And I will cry like a dying dog again, but then that will make me laugh........
LYG,
Bj

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BJ , You are hilarious. Sister B sent me your Blog link. Erma Bomebeck may be dead but we have you to keep us entertained. What I want to know is how you "Bloggers" have the time. Did sister B tell you I bought white sunglasses after reading about the doves, cigarettes, and little M and her friends conversation!

Anonymous said...

stay strong sister -- there ain't nuthin' wrong with crying like a dyin' dog!
LYG,
Sheila

Racie Lover said...

I laughed about the dyin' dog, too. Sometimes you just have to let it out even if it means having liquidized mascara dribble into your Cosmo.Just ask Norma Desmond.

I can't honestly see Oprah having an Ugly Cry herself. I can see Steadman having one, though.

Racie Lover said...

P.S. I didn't mean I was laughing about an actual dying dog, you understand. I meant to say I laughed at the dyin' dog comparison to your having an Ugly Cry.

Lorrie Veasey said...

Another amazing post that made me laugh ( I personally snort donkey-like) and cry (annoying mewling, very much like a cat in heat.)

You DO have an amazing child and I'm sure a lot of that is because she has an amazing mom.

What is yet to come may be a little like this story: i am sure there will be moments and even full days when the power seems to have gone out and it is too damn hot...but if you keep your sense of humor in the end it will all be fine.