
Well, lots can happen in a day, let alone a month, which is the time that has elapsed since I wrote the blog titled 'Weird'. I still feel some days I am floating above, watching a movie play out, and then the drugs wear off and I fall back to earth and keep on keepin on. I had a poor me moment yesterday, but then when I listed the chaos in my head, I realized, IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED ANYWAY! It would have happened if the POPE lived at my house, as in , the dog fight, the icemaker flooding my kitchen, my car breaking (twice), the washing machine going crazy, blah blah blah. Life. So what do you do when you feel like this time of your life is going awry, and did I cause it (no) can I fix it (yes) and where to start (clean out the refrigerator).
What I do know is that I am teaching M2 some valuable day to day stuff, and although, I have let a tear slip here and there, I take charge and show her how to fix things. You turn the water off on the refrigerator, call the cute appliance fixer guy, and buy a bag of ice. You keep an eye on the dogs and notice they are trying hard to behave and that may be the last of it, only Cesar Milan knows. You call your dealership and find that there are warranties to fix all problems for free (they actually work!) and you mop up the washing machine and when cute appliance fixer guy gets here, you say, oh can you look at this too? (he's about 17 yrs old, so don't say anything or call me Mrs. Robinson) So the roller coaster ride is still happening and I will be on it for a while, I'm sure. But I think I will make a small list to carry with me with things crossed out that are done, fixed, whatever, as a reminder that this will all be funny one day. Or at least make me smile to myself. And as I dropped Super D off at the airport on Monday, she hugged and whispered to me "keep your antenna up" which has always been a family saying when you need to stay sharp. I told her I hear her voice in my head saying these things when I need them....She is so cool.
Better go clean out the refrigerator before Kevin gets here.
Ku Ku Ca Choo
Mrs. R

7 comments:
I think you are doing great, BJ, especially given that you have to worry not only about yourself but also M2. I have been down that road, but only just me and not a baby bird chirping in the nest.
You be your own Ranch Hand, girl. You can fix stuff real good, too!
I think you are doing marvelously! This group of chicks, we are all DIY-ers: if it's broke, we fix it (or call someone); if it's too stressful or seems too much, we stress out for 5 minutes & then realize it could be worse - and then fix it. Oh, and we open a bottle of wine once it's fixed!
My very sweet husband laughs about my DIY-ness. The phrase in our house is "Sheila Do It" -- a trait I picked up as a child (the only girl with 3 brothers). It's true, you can ask my Dad.
I think M2 is really lucky. We all learned by watching our parents, and I think we all turned out pretty damn good. So she is well on the road to being a brave, ballsy, funny gal -- and a DIY-er!
Love you!!
Sheila!
I thought I was supposed to open the wine WHILE I called the repairman- crap....
:)
ku ku ka choo
This is exactly what my life feels like lately. Thanks for the laugh.
WOW. I am sooooo freeking impressed. I collapse in a huge puddle when I can't figure out how to work the cable. You Are Awesome.
How come whenever I go and read a blog, and I think I want to comment, 9 times out of 10, it's right after Lorrie?! WTH?
Now I got nuttin'
Kristen
I'm just glad you're visiting, one day I'll get techno (don't hold your breath) and hook up the google thing so I can see if people are actually reading this CF!! I hear such random comments like 'oh yeah, my brother likes your blog' when I don't even know these people
cyber-weirdness in a way....
Post a Comment