Friday, September 5, 2008

I was drunk the day my Mom got out of prison....


Just kidding Super D, I wasn't drunk!!! Actually, if Friday afternoon in Dallas on the George Bush Turnpike you saw a chick in a white SUV singing and speeding down the road, it was me. That song is an old college drinking song, and I hadn't heard it in years, and I turned it up and opened the sunroof. Made me think of people I haven't seen in a long time, made me think of Ladies Night at Pistol Patties standing in the chairs singing it, and it made me want a beer! Out of a pitcher!!! Now, if you girls are thinking 'thats pretty redneck' well you are right, and I'll bet there were probably babies concieved to that song in Texas and Oklahoma in the 80's!!! We also stood on the chairs and sang Up Against The Wall Redneck Mother on Thursday nights right before they let the boys in to see the ladies of ladies night!!! I think for the three or four minutes I was singing, I also had that not a care in the world feeling and thats always good. One other song I thought of is by Rusty Weir, called "I heard you been laying my old lady" and then the next line is "man, times must be gettin tough'-

Ok, enough down country road and memory lane, sorry to digress. I was 20 for a few minutes this afternoon and it was fun and by the way, I looked HOT! :)
cheers
Bj

11 comments:

Racie Lover said...

I love that song, too! It used to be my party piece when I lived in England and much to the horror of my family members, I would sing it at the top of my lungs, with heavy emphasis on the words My Mama Got Out of Prison. Being a foreigner, and a Texan, I think they all really believed I was singing from experience.

Shonda Little said...

Oh my goodness, I can't even begin to count the number of drunken nights in my wildly misspent youth that I spent singing that song at the top of my lungs as my musician friends strummed along. Good times and good post.

kristin said...

Just wanted to comment before Lorrie again. :-)

"Oh when it's ladies night..." oh, sorry.

How about "Jose Cuervo, he was a friend of mine...."

Oh, I waay too old for that shit now.

Now I just drink at home. :-)

Lorrie Veasey said...

Ok first of all: Damn you again, Kristin.

2ndly: I am drunk. It is Friday night. What do you exzpect? (Typo but I'm keepin it)

3rdly: Ok, yes, I am drunk.

Fooooooorthly: But I think it is in everybody's best interests if you give me your keys BJ.

I'm Just Sayin.

Bj in Dallas said...

Yahoo! I was too busy drinking last night to blog! Just kidding, but the evening was fun and our weather is turning into nights when you want to seek out a patio
BTW I am so glad L and Kristen are racing to my blog
I'm going over to Dooce and brag about it
Thats like going to Neimans with some money to spend, right?
And I do want you all to send me your favorite song that you just love and have to run and turn up be it old new, whatever....
If anyone says BeeGees or Jonas Brothers, I may have to block you or come get you and put you in my 12 step is my sunroof open program
I forgot about my new crush Michael Bubble Boy (see?) I think I need a private concert before he goes on the ultimate list, I'm just saying....

Le said...

Howdy Ms BJ ... thanks for popping down under and playing the tunes .. so much music so little time ...

Dallas hey - all we know about Dallas is Dynasty and ... yep thats about it ... plus you have oil in the back garden right ...

Shall be back for a prolonged read on Monday nite ... good wishes matey - off to prep for fathers day ... pleeeasse ain't everyday fathers day !! Le

Bj in Dallas said...

one more thing
DO YOU LOVE THE PICTURE OF COWBOY
GRANDMA????
Shes going in a smapfish album as a distant relative
like Grandma Fanny-!

Le said...

Dear just like me,
I am the daughter of Don't Over Think It. My mom just told me that you live is Austrailia and I thought that was very cool. I am 11 years old and my mom said that you have 2 boys and I would like to know how old they are. I have a few questions for you. Do you have kangaroos and kolas for pets? I am studying the 7 continets and I would also like to know what part of Austrailia do you live in and do you have an accent and does everybody there speak english? Anyway, please bolg us back as soon as you get a chance.
M2


Hello sweetie - thanks for your email - lovley to hear from you.

First off my boys are nearly four and nearly six. They have a cousin who is ten so if you would like an Aussie pen pal - epal - jsut ask and I'll see he he is up for it.

Now your other questions...

No kangas or koalas for pets I'm afraid - they are too wild. We do have possums in the garden - ring tails - and they are very noisy on our roof at night time. They also eat all the veggies in the veggie patch so are a bit of a pain.

We have fruit bats that fly over the house at sunset in summer. I think they have all gone north for winter now.

We live in Brisbane which is the capital of Queensland. Brisbane has a big river that cuts the city down the middle. We live on the north side.

Queensland is a BIG state ... I know Texas is big but not sure how big. If you were to drive in a car from one end of Queensland tothe top end of Queensland it would take probably four days. There are not many roads up the top - you need a 4wd car.

Yes I have an accent - not too bad I hope ! Most people speak English - if they were born here. But we have lots of Asian an European people so they normally speak another launguage too.

Our English is more like a mix of American English and Brittish English. My boys call me mum - not mom - hee hee ...

Anyways hope that helps - send me another comment at my place if you want to know anything else. Big hugs Le

Anonymous said...

BJ, everytime I see this title of this post I start to sing. And it's starting to irritate both me and hubby...

But, oh!! How this brings back so many memories of Texas Tech, frat parties, Borrowed Money (any Dallasites remember that place?) and bad keg beer.

Bj in Dallas said...

BORROWED MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved that place!! God my jeans were tight (on purpose!) back then
and I just thought about the size of them, and I now have a tear in my beer.
Can't tell you how many times I've sung this song at the top of my lungs!!!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=35][img]http://s002.radikal.ru/i200/1001/f0/0ddd2280d906.jpg[/img][/url]












[url=http://tioozua.connection24.de/sitemap.html]buy clove cigarette [/url]
cigarette buy one get one buy cigarettes at 18 buy cigarette to resell
[url=http://botziho.485.at/sitemap.html]order calon cigarettes [/url]
marlboro cigarettes buy marlboro online from buy camel exotic blend twist cigarettes cigarettes buy one get one free
[url=http://deuaexj.naheliegend.de/]buy newport cigarettes in [/url]
buy cigarettes inexpensive cheap make money buying cigarettes online michigan buy cigarette papers online
[url=http://botziho.485.at/sitemap.html]buying cigarettes at age 13 [/url]
buy electronic cigarette uk alternative cigarettes herbal order form where to buy camel cigarettes
[url=http://ubpscsn.pro.ac/sitemap.html]buy dunhill my blend cigarettes here [/url]
buy kentucky cigarettes online cheap cigarettes online buy cheap marlboro buy cigarette canada
[url=http://mlwqdwu.xn--baldmglichst-8ib.de/sitemap.html]buy cigarette vending machines [/url]
buy more light box cigarettes buy exoctic flavored cigarettes buy cheap capri cigarettes online
[url=http://tioozua.connection24.de/]buy newport carton cigarettes online wholesale [/url]
order doral cigarettes online buy cigarette indian reservation buy cigarettes for
[url=http://cauvzah.weinend.de/sitemap.html]age to buy cigarettes in new jersey [/url]
buying cigarettes directly buy cigarettes in france where to buy cheap cigarettes online
[url=http://deuaexj.naheliegend.de/]safe place to buy cigarettes online [/url]
buying cigarettes on internet buying cigarettes in south carolina buy newport carton cigarettes online wholesale
[url=http://botziho.485.at/]buy dreams cigarettes [/url]
age to buy cigarettes in ny buy cigarettes online from the states buy cigarettes from south carolina