Sunday, September 28, 2008

Not Techno Enough to be Scary.....but I'm workin on it





First, about this photo. I chose it because it is titled Einstein in Womens Sandals. And how bout that hair. I can't love this picture anymore than I do.
moving on-Ok, I had too much time on my hands this weekend and messed around with this blogpage, and as you can tell, I've added some of my VBFF's to my page. So then I get a note from Le, 3rd on the right, about putting on music too (I know, I know, quit shaking your head) so I go to a very cool website called playlist.com and create a playlist to bring ovah....Found some GREAT music, you all would love it. If I could do it. The gadget button apparently doesn't like playlist.com, says its broken, its not good enough, come back next year, bring money, we don't just download anybody on this site. Then I go to the Help page. Holy Mother of God, I process with a creative brain, not the least bit technical (is that left or right?) and I almost had to lay down and sleep after glancing at all you have to do. So you know what? No music, yet, until some computer whiz steals my laptop and loads it and then gives it back. Le's website looks great, I told her it was fabulous like a new pair of FM pumps- AND IT HAS MUSIC!!!! The day you see the little jukebox on the right on mine, I will be a happy girl.

The Smartini girls are going to do the list of 'getting to know you' and I love those because I get so sarcastic by the end, I think I'm secretly trying to never get another one sent to me. Their's should be good. The ones I get aren't too original sometimes,...do you seriously want to know the last thing I ate? I don't even want to know. Are you asking about my favorite adult beverage because you are about to bring me one? And what would I be doing right now if I could be anywhere? I'm going to puke if I see 'be with my family and friends' because thats all nice and kum-baya, but I'll be in First Class on a plane to Paris, thats what. I'll send you a pic from the Eiffel Tower, baby. See? Its happening. The sarcasm. And I'm not even doing one. I can't help it. Told ya.
Speaking of Paris, this is one song that is on that elusive playlist of mine: http://music.aol.com/artist/keb-mo/144168/songs . When you get there and have to choose one of the songs, its called France. And it makes me want to dance. In France. With someone named Lance. In my underpants.
Boomer Sooner Baby we are 4-0

LYG
Bj

11 comments:

Le said...

So MIC walks in while I am reading this post and says ...

"Who's the lady in the photo .."

If I'd bee quicker in thought I would have said BJ on a bad day - as I think he might have a wee crush on BJ since he loves her comments best.

This is fine by me as I would like a second wife and I would love a daughter ... I am afterall is said and done a die hard BIG LOVE fan.

Anyways don't sweat the music .. it will come when it is damn ready to be heard - I love you more juts for trying ... as someone wise once said to me " the only real failure is not trying in the first place".

Nighty nite le xoxo

Le said...

BTW ... I HATE the 'getting to know you things' too - what makes you think I want to know any of that.

Like you at first I would fill the odd one in - in a silly nonsense fashion and then after two or three I lost interest in even that.

What about some real questions like " would you eat human remains if your plane crashed in the Andies" you know the TOUGH stuff.

biggest hugs le

Bj in Dallas said...

sadly, that could be me on a bad hair day......and do I detech a touch of velour on those short shorts he is wearing???????? God I love that picture......

Tell MIC he can tell people he has a gf hidden away in Dallas, just doesn't see her much!! She has big hair and a bit sarcastic!!!

And I love your plane crash question, because I have always thought that too. Depends on who is was....yuk..........and how hungry I was ....yuk....could you
cut off your own arm with a pocket knife to save your life?....I think I'm gonna pass out....
kidding.....
I KNOW, could you remove a bad tooth with the blade of an ICE SKATE??? 'Castaway'- see, here comes the sarcasm.........
must go do the work thing that brings home the bacon so we don't have to eat the non-survivors around here
:)

Anonymous said...

i love that picture! when you start to look at it (and you start at the feet) you think its going to be this lovely woman on a holiday at the sea. but then - HELLO AL!

it's almost as if someone photoshopped it as a joke. but they didn't, and i think that's what makes it. who knew al liked women's shoes? (but did you notice they're sandals, not pumps?! he is smart, he knows those babies aren't comfortable)

looking forward to the questionnaire you & le come up with. that'll be telling...

Bj in Dallas said...

Has anyone listened to the song I worked for hours trying to link??
it starts slow, but its a great song by Keb Mo....

Ruby said...

OMG, that picture is KILLING me! That can't be real, can it?! Oh Al!

Come on girls, you know you want to know what we last ate! And where we were born! But if you girls come up with an eat-your-friends questionnaire, I'd love to read it!

I'm grooving to Keb'Mo' right now, singing how there ain't nothing wrong with Texas, but he and I are going to France... :)

Racie Lover said...

I tried to add that playlist to my blog (after signing my life away and giving them the combo to Paco's safe) but the code I pasted in gave me this dire warning message:

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.

It was written all in RED and I felt like I was being personally warned by DUBYA about the consequences of continueing along this route. God-forbid I should not have the correct code or else Sarahcuda will come after me with a hockey stick, the sky will fall and Jenna Bush's marriage will fall apart (or was it Barbara? I get those twins mixed up).

I listened to a little bit of "France" and got all nostalgic and had to go to lunch at La Madeline.

Anonymous said...

I could've written this post. do you know how much f***ing time I spend trying to figure this computer crap out? I totally envy Le for getting this stuff to work.

And yes, I would eat human remains - no cringe. I would totally knock a tooth out with an ice skate - no cringe, but I totally draw the line at cutting my arm off with a pocket knife.

Even I have limits.

Le said...

you girls are soooo funny - I set to resign today - so I need some 'funnies' first to build my dutch courage ... love yous all le xoxo

Le said...

just a thought - are you using the html gadget thingo in the side bar - you know select to add a gadget, select the html code gadget one and then just paste in the code and save ... come on honey childs you can do it :) le

Lorrie Veasey said...

OMGosh i feel a bit like Henry Higgins. When i meet you you don't even HAVE a blog and now look at you with the fancy music and he updated links. *sniff* you make me so proud.