
As our lives go forward after 7 years of memorials & tributes to the horrible day called 9/11, it still feels too real to me not to write about it. I was working with a friend that is a producer behind the scenes of a large meeting , and ironically most of the staff I was working with were from NYC. As they called home to try and find people, it was like I sat there watching a movie. One conversation was 'go to my apartment, put the cat in a box, take my bike and ride up (some bridge) to so and so's and tell them you know me and need to stay there.....apparently, her apartment was very close to the Trade Center and she was helping her mom get out of there. So many others, crying because they couldn't get ahold of someone, crying when they did, still ring in my ears. I can't even imagine what it was like to be in New York, DC, or the small town in Pennsylvania.
Also hard to imagine the hatred for the US that went into the planning of this strike against us. I would love to see into the future to know whether or not it will continue to grow or at some point there will be a peaceful earth coexisting and respecting other peoples differences. Sadly, I think it is the first, so all I can do is try and be more tolerant of someone's differences and respect them as I would also like the same respect. Growing up in my Methodist church, we would say Peace be with you, so I'll leave you with that.
Bj

2 comments:
Good one, BJ. Spot on.
Perfect.
Such a universal but deeply personal experience. I continue to be amazed at how it connects us.
Post a Comment