Monday, September 15, 2008

Seriously....


Now I feel bad about the post saying people should have gotten out of the Gulf area, and I'm changing my thought process (MY FIRST RETRACTION!) I don't know if people reading this, thousands I'm sure, are out of the state of Texas (I DO have a friend in Austrailia, thank you very much) but hey, there is so much devistation that we are seeing on our local news about Galveston and Houston, and even my company's Houston office is damaged and won't reopen this week. I now have seen a story about two kids, 10 and 12, that got a marker and wrote their names and SSN's on their arms, and I felt like shit. Not funny, this is people's lives, and I was with someone today that has evacuated to Dallas and she was in a closet for 4 hours with her mentally handicapped child. Lets all keep these people in our thoughts and prayers, and send the Red Cross some $$ is you can.


LYG-


Bj


2 comments:

Racie Lover said...

BJ, your story did not discount the storm or the devastation down on the coast. You know that saying "If you don't laugh, you'll cry"? We all know what you meant and it was a good blog. We all need a little levity in our lives.
No retraction necessary.

Besides, I just put a comment on there about Toe Tags...

Bj in Dallas said...

I just replied to your toe tag comment....