Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cheap Housekeeper Please Apply.....


written earlier, as you can tell.....


Well, having one of many to come Sat nights w/o M2, and she just called, like she always does, and says her stomach hurts and wants to come home. Then the ranch hand gets on the phone and says something male and I told them both, NO, your stomach can hurt over there as easy as it can here. Mean Mom, Mean Mom, somebody dial CPS for me so I can turn myself in. WHATEVER!!!! And boy they are missing out on a par-tay of me having a glass of wine and watching college football. The sled team is passed out in assorted positions around the LVRoom, and I'm sure there is papparazzi outside just waiting for a glimpse inside the blinds to capture the excitement.
Did I say WHATEVER!!! -?
Of course I really enjoy a little time to myself, to read everyones blogs, read my books that I can't seem to finish, and look around and decide once again, I really need to hire a housekeeper. I actually fantasize about this one, her name is Consuela and she comes to my home everyday. When she is finished ironing all of the laundry, including pillowcases without starch, she will then clean out my closets because before she came to work for me, she was, after all, a professional organizer in her home country. And a professional chef. And a winemaker of fine chardonnays. And she is teaching M2 fluent Spanish in the afternoons, while she preps for our gourmet Monday night dinner. Take a break C, I can light the candles...


Outside, her husband, Jesus, (I love that name-imagine naming your baby Jesus- no pressure on that kid) is a landscaping guru, trimming the sidewalks with a pair of scissors. He doesn't actually work for me, he just loves gardening SO MUCH that he sees a true opportunity at my house to fine tune his skills while he waits to pick up his lady.....
Then the phone rings again, the stomach still hurts, I say eat some Tums and go to bed, and back to reality in Texas with me and the sled team hanging out on a Saturday night.....

living the dream, I tell ya.
and I wouldn't change a thing-
lyg
Bj









5 comments:

Ruby said...

When Consuela gets done at your house, have her head north, would you? Thaaaanks!

Le said...

Hello here dear one - I have a nearly friend who has an aupair - from germany - apparently they are the best nationality for domestics - must be something to do with their efficent natures ...

Heres the deal - she lives in - does the two kids and domestics 30 hours a week and costs $230 a week - that is less than full time child care - plus does extra nites for free as she is LIVE IN ...

this sounds like a good deal to me ...

As you know MIC is domestically challenged and I said we could get a french maid - as a sweetner to the deal - but he still turned me down - he is such a tight ass sometimes ... le xoxo

Anonymous said...

You can tell we are women 'of a certain age' when our fantasies involve domestic help and food! Who needs perfect breasts and a million dollars -- I just want my floors mopped properly. And the perfect chili rellenos.

Bj in Dallas said...

s-
perfect boobs and more money are coming in a future blog, after I find Consuela......
megan...she's not leaving Texas when I do find her, sorry, maybe she has a 'seester'

le...THAT IS DIRT CHEAP!! Whats up with that! MIC was too afraid to say Wi wi to the french maid, he's a smart man I can already tell

Le said...

Hello BJ - thanks for the thoughts above - lovely to hear from you ...

MIC loves your comments most of all - he told me a story in response to your orange paint story - I told him to blog it - but he is too shy still ... I'll work on him.

As to the music - go to my playlist in the sidebar and click on 'Create your free playlist' and follow the instructions ...

Like with all these things setting up your user name and password is the most complicated bit and after that it is simple.

Go on babe - bring on the hits ! le