Monday, September 1, 2008

now get back to work.....




Ok, the party weekend was awesome, and Super D had a great time. If you are in Dallas and want a great hotel to stay in, the Westin Stonebriar is so nice.....although, there were some obnoxious LSU fans there that had evacuated from Gustav, everything else was wonderful. Great rooms (the beds were like BUTTER) and the pool was gorgeous with a DJ and lots of people and just a great day. A large part of the group went shopping, and came back to the hotel with tons of bags and great finds and birthday stuff and all that. Then out to dinner to and Italian place called Isabellas, and had a really nice time. If Billies office is reading this randomness that I write, thanks for stopping by. That was a nice surprise to hear that I have strangers at Smith Barney who check this out. I promise she was working the whole time she was with us......(Billie, is that what I was suppose to say??)


The only downside to the weekend was that my nephew and his wife were at his inlaws lake house at Lake Texhoma and had a terrible golf cart accident going down a steep hill, and his sweet wife Lauren is still in the hospital as I write this. Apparently, they were going a little too fast and the road was rough and very suddenly went left right and then flipped and Lauren took the brunt of the wreck. My darling nephew Tim, has stayed by her side and had to be forced home to sleep, and he's not in great shape either, but I certainly see a young man in love with his wife, which is refreshing. They are all going to be ok, with lots of family here to be with them. It could have been a lot worse, and I believe if anyone is interested, there is a golf cart for sale.....



Hope everyones weekend was more fun and less Labor-,

Sooners 1-0, gotta love that

LYG-Bj

4 comments:

Lorrie Veasey said...

Will keep your nephew and his wife in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Bj in Dallas said...

Lorrie
All four kids are fine, Lauren is home on the sofa and will be off work indefinitely. My nephew Tim is experiencing his first semi crisis after being married for two years, and Sister B and I told him there will be many more, so suck it up and do what you need to do.
Hard to see a 6'6" man that you love like he is still three years old with a quiver in his lip not kowing what is ahead of them. It was serious enough that Lauren had a plastic surgeon repair her hand, and her foot is in bad shape. I think I will send her a little bell to ring when she needs the page on her magazine turned......
Thanks for your note- much appreciated
Bj

Shonda Little said...

I clicked on to leave basically the same comment Lorrie did, so I am glad to hear your family is recovering.

Also, Boomer Sooner, right!

Bj in Dallas said...

Shonda!
Hey where did you come from? Thanks and a FELLOW SOONER IS ALWAYS WELCOME AT DONT OVERTHINK IT
I adore football season, and this ones gonna be good.....
thanks for your note
Bj